Conservation Africa News –
- The coronavirus pandemic has made it unsafe to travel internationally and travel experts previously told Business Insider that they expect people to turn to road trips this summer.
- We surfed Trip Advisor for the highest-rated attractions in the Pacific Northwest within recommended social distancing guidelines.
- While there is some debate over which states and regions are included in the Pacific Northwest, Business Insider looked at British Columbia and the US states of Washington, Idaho, and Oregon for this article.
- Travelers should consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines before embarking on any summer travel.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Conservation Africa News – With many international travel restrictions in place, travelers are hitting the road, quite literally, for the summer. Travel experts previously told BI that they expect to see vacation trends shift from traveling by plane to that by car and RV.
Conservation Africa News – Oregon: Drive through Wildlife Safari in Douglas County, Oregon, to see animals from all over the world without leaving your car.
Source: Wildlife Safari
Conservation Africa News – Further north in Oregon, towards Portland, explore Silver Falls State Park inside the state’s temperate rainforest.
Conservation Africa News – Some parts of the park are closed due to the pandemic, like the visitors center and one of the play areas. Oregon State Parks warns that you may have to turn around if the trails are too crowded.
Source: Oregon State Parks
Conservation Africa News – On the south coast of Oregon, just north of Gold Beach, take a stroll through a garden packed with life-size dinosaur sculptures.
Source: Trip Advisor
Conservation Africa News – Washington: In Tacoma, Washington, stretch your legs and take some photos at the Chihuly Bridge of Glass.
Source: Atlas Obscura
Conservation Africa News – West of Seattle, in Olympic National Park, drive up to Hurricane Ridge to take a hike or just enjoy the view.
Source: Trip Advisor